Course of the week | NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym-Based Exercise)
NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym-Based Exercise)
Become a Fitness Instructor and you can organise programmes through gym-based exercise.
Successfully complete our course and:
- You will achieve the NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym-Based Exercise) qualification
- You could work for a gym or become a freelance fitness instructor
- You will be able to join REPs (the Register of Exercise Professionals) at Level 2
- You will gain the prerequisite qualification needed for our course that leads to the NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training qualification
Our training is split into six units:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Planning gym-based exercise
- Instructing gym-based exercise
How the course works
Your first course materials will be sent to you when you enrol. You can then start straight away and progress through the training when and where you wish, with support from experienced tutors by phone and email. You will also be able to complete a selection of assignments throughout your course that you can then submit for tutor feedback.
To achieve the qualification, you will need to successfully complete a portfolio and recorded practical sessions of you instructing a client.
To successfully complete this course, you will need to:
- Complete assessments at the end of each unit to create a portfolio.
- Submit recorded practical training sessions (for example, in DVD format) of your planning and instructing a client, and demonstrating the required competences to organise fitness instructing programmes. A qualified person will need to be present during the training session.
Please click here for NCFE registration fees.
You can contact our experienced tutors by phone and email during your training to have your questions answered and further develop your knowledge of fitness instructing.
You will also receive tutor feedback on the assignments that you submit.
Regular exercise is vital to our health and wellbeing. Adults are advised to complete 150 minutes of moderate intensity activity or 75 minutes of vigorous intensity activity every week.
As a fitness instructor, you will be able to plan, deliver and evaluate safe and effective fitness instruction sessions through gym-based exercise. You can do this through:
- Fitness assessments, consultations and introduction sessions for new clients
- Demonstrating activities for clients to follow
- Showing clients how to use exercise machines and free weights properly
- Supervising clients to make sure that they are exercising safely and effectively
You can earn money from your enjoyment of health and fitness, and meet and work with interesting people.
Enrol now from £42
There are 5 ways you can enrol on this course:
- Pay the total course fee of £395 £315 in one sum and receive a Free NUS/Totum card
- Pay a deposit of just £42, followed by 7 instalments of £39 – total you pay £395 £315.